On Sunday, December 3 the museum had its annual Holiday Open House.
Visit the museum and find out about the moving of the 1924 Bordeaux Cottage and stock up on special local gifts for friends and family. Take a picture with our life-sized cutouts of a 1920s beach couple in Santa and Elf hats!
We are decorated for the holidays and want you to come by and visit!
Our Gift Shop is full of many new items that make wonderful gifts for the holidays:
- NEW!! Heather Lane’s wonderful painted Wrightsville-themed items for your home
- painted Christmas ornaments of the museum
- children’s books
- books on local history including the autographed, new enlarged edition of Luminous Island: Wrightsville Beach at a discounted price
- art show and sale of “Scenes of Wrightsville” plein air paintings of Wrightsville Beach
- Pick up our new self-guided walking tours and Scavenger Hunts
- Sponsor a “Loop Through History” panel as a donation or a gift – and find out about this exciting new project!